Sunday 2 August 2015

Catch Up Post - Let it Snow




I am definitely dreaming of a white christmas this year and have managed to incorporate some makeshift snow balls into my latest photo shoot! It has been a while since my last post or photo shoot, there have been some major changes here at Retro Queen HQ and its going to be an interesting and exciting new year! I've changed my day job and will be going to university full-time in January to do a creative writing degree, mixing my love of books and writing with vintage goodness! So there will be some changes coming to our online boutique in the new year and hopefully some more vintage adventures starting in February!
I received an early present this year! I've never owned an item of clothing from the 1940's but I now have my very own 40's party dress! It was very generously given to me by one of my mum's friends and I can't thank her enough! Luckily and amazingly it fits perfectly! I couldn't believe it! Me and this dress were meant to be! Heh heh
The photo shoot lasted about 2 hours, with numerous christmas props too. We took over 700 photos, I managed to pick 52 of the best and then the hard part: which ones to edit and actually use! Here are some of the ones that made it but keep your eye on our Facebook, twitter and instagram pages for some of the others!

edit dress 2

And here it is! Wow I love this dress! The colour and cut are perfect! To make the shoot even more special I wore the delicate gloves that were my great grandmas and I managed to dig out some navy shoes to match. I borrowed my grandmas beautiful necklace which was hers as a young woman and just matches the dress so well. And to top it all off the gorgeous evening bag is from my late Step-Grandma. Yep...thats a lot of vintage for one lucky girl!

the dress 1

Sparkle and shine! The photo shoot was great fun to do and you can see the christmas theme peeking through in this photo! The candy cane stockings were not my idea but my partners and I was a little dubious at first, but I love them! With the pop of red from the hair band and lips it all ties in! Plus there a bit silly which I like! 

edit dress 3

Twist and shout! This dress was made for dancing in! I've added a petticoat underneath for extra volume, but I think an even bigger one would look great! It's swishy, silky and smooth and I loved wearing it!

xmas dress 2

A bit of snow ball fun! I couldn't resist! Well I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas and New Year and that 2015 is filled with fun, frolicking and of course vintage! Thank you for all your support over the last year and thanks for reading! 

And on the snow theme, here's our retro christmas song! Merry Christmas and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment