Wednesday 16 October 2013

Autumn Treats!



Well autumn is in full swing, my favourite season of them all! I love getting all my scarves, boots and winter coats out, the special days of Halloween and Bonfire and all the yummy foods that go with them! But most of all I love the colours! I am definitely an autumn chick! Burnt orange, greens and purples with a dash of blue! Here are some of my favourite pieces from our vintage box for autumn! 



Pride of place is the beautifully patterned vintage circle skirt! It's a great length for autumn and the colours are just lovely! Feel pretty and feminine while banishing the cold by adding some layered jumpers and knee-high boots to this glorious skirt! Next up is the statement 80's evening dress! The photo just doesn't do the colours justice! It's shimmery and silky and lovely to wear. Long sleeved and medium length but centering around the waist to give you a flattering shape! And last but by no means least is the classic velvet blazer! A must have piece for your wardrobe that's timeless and can be worn season after season! Add a sparkling top, skinny jeans and heels and you've got a simple yet retro look. Any of them catch your eye? Well check them out in our Vintage Box! 



 
Well we had a retro filled day at The Valley Needs Vintage Fair on Sunday! And totally fell in love with this coat! It's now on my christmas wish list! The colour is fab and I love the silhouette it creates! It's surprisingly heavy though! Heh heh 





Next on our vintage travels we will be at The Kings Arms Fair in Salford on Sat 19th! Very excited! I have heard fabulous things about this fair, plus they sell beer too! Yay!! Hope to see you there!


Our retro song of the week is of course autumn themed! ( Cheesy I know!) It's beautifully sung by Doris Day and is from 1956. It's a staring out of the window, while drinking hot tea kind of song! Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment